Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2008 day job accomplisments

I had to put together a list of my accomplishments for my day job as a web developer/ analyst for a Philadelphia based stock brokerage firm so I thought i would repurpose that list here:

Financial Consultant Dashboard: I played an integral role in the design and architecture of a Financial Consultant (FC) Dashboard. I worked closely with the business to understand it's needs and goals and then gathered the requirements for this application. I also designed and mocked up user interfaces for widgets and screens. I also assisted with usability testing and findings analysis.

Financial Consultant Performance Reporting: I significantly enhanced the Performance Reporting tools i began developing last year, revamping the user interface and adding administrative data analysis features for branch, region and firm managers

SharePoint Development: I have begun developing business tools on the MS SharePoint platform. I have released a shared calendar to track Branch Office Visits, Blogs for the Taxable Fixed Income and Municpal Bond Departments and a document libaray with custom workflows to assist with on boarding related documents.

Conference Registration System: I developed a conference registration system which I go into more depth about here

Web Application Monitoring: I researched and then selected Web Application monitoring services from AlertBot, which have resulted in impoved up-time.

Purchase Order System: rebuilt a legacy PO system in oder to stream line the process and get more users on board with paperless system

SAML Single Sign-on System: I coded a SAML SSO system to allow our users to seamlessly access Rearden Commerce's travel booking site. I go into a lot more detail about this here

So, that's pretty much my year of webdevwork day job achievements.

No comments: