Wednesday, July 23, 2008

installing MediaWiki on Xampp

I am trying to install MediaWiki on Xampp which i thought would be a cinch but it's actually not.

UPDATE: Heres the solution DoKuWiki

Here is my account of where i am so far so that maybe we can make it easier for the next guy:

I downloaded XAMPP Windows 1.6.7 from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641
Install and startup goes fine

I downloaded MediaWiki 1.12 from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download and extract.

I created the wiki db.

I then pull up the wiki page on my localhost. My environment checks out. I proceed to fill out the install form. MediaWiki won't let me use a blank db pw.

I drop the wiki db and then create a new db user and have phpmyadmin create a db with the same name and give the new user full privileges on it.

MediaWiki install completes and tells me to move my config/LocalSettings.php to it's parent directory. I do that and then follow the link MediaWiki gives me and i get:

Warning: domdocument::domdocument() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in C:\xampp\htdocs\wiki\includes\Preprocessor_DOM.php on line 566

Fatal error: Call to undefined method domdocument::loadXML() in C:\xampp\htdocs\wiki\includes\Preprocessor_DOM.php on line 568

I Googled "MediaWiki Xampp domdocument" which leads me to a forum posting on apachefriends .org telling me to comment out extension=php_domxml.dll in my php.ini. I do only to recieve yet another error. ugh. more on this saga to come.

1 comment:

ovo60 said...

I got the same problem.
The following methdod may solve the problem.
Add to LocalSettings.php:
$wgParserConf['preprocessorClass'] = 'Preprocessor_Hash';